It was another great night tonight with over 40 people in attendance and a lot of great interaction between the presenters and the rest of the group. Ali and Damian put on a great talk and I must say well done and many thanks to both of you!
Various Interesting Things:
- Free version of Hyper-V Server Link
- Common Service Locator (a common API for IoC Containers) - Link
- DotNetRocks IoC Web Cast - Link
- Utility: Contig - defrag a single file Link
- XHTML 1.1 Templates project - Link
- Crack.Net (access the internals of any .NET desktop application) - Link
- JQuery Intellisense Support - Link Download
New software releases:
- Rhino 3.5 - Link
- Mono 2.0 - Link
- Silverlight 2.0 - Link
- Vista SP2 Beta - Link
- StructureMap 2.5 - Link
- DataDude GDR RC - Link
- Watin 1.3 (now with Lambda support) - Link
- Watin 2.0 CTP (firefox support) - Link
If you come across anything interesting, drop me a line or let us know at the next meeting.
What's Coming Up Next?
At this stage we have penciled in two talks for the November meeting on advanced TDD techniques and Aspect Oriented Programing (AOP) using PostSharp. This will be confirmed a little closer to the date so keep an eye on the site.
Also, with the growth in numbers we may need to think about moving to a new venue in the new year. We'll see how it goes, but if you know of a larger (and free) venue we might be able to use then please drop me a line.
P.S. Links for resources from tonight's talks and the SVN repository location will be made available on the site shortly.